Care Instructions for Cast Iron Teapots
- Before using your cast iron teapot for the first time, thoroughly rinse the teapot with hot water.
- While the teapot is still warm, dry the teapot inside and out with a dry cloth.
- Use the cast iron teapot to brew tea, not as a stove-top kettle. The enamel lining is fragile and could be damaged.
- Never use in a microwave oven.
- Do not scrub the teapot with abrasive pads or use any detergents, simply rinse it with water ONLY and wipe it dry after each use.
- Do not leave any tea or water in the teapot for long periods of time. Always wipe the outside with a dry cloth while the teapot is still warm.
- Do not expose the teapot to salt or oil.
- Never use a dishwasher to clean it.
- Never suddenly cool the teapot when it is still warm.
The inside of the teapot is glazed, so choose kitchen utensils that do not scratch the glaze.
By doing so you will be assured years of enjoyment from your teapot !
Cast Iron Teapots >>